Tuesday, March 01, 2005

One Cate Away

Looking at my predictions list from Saturday of who "WILL" win...I was so so so so happy to see that I was right in every category I listed on my blog EXCEPT for Best Supporting Actress (to which I said Virginia Madsen would win for "Sideways"). So close and yet so far from perfect, huh?

I missed the last two awards of the night because tiVo wasn't smart enough to record longer than the scheduled 3-hour-time block, so I didn't get to see Clint or "Million Dollar Baby" win the big two. Another example of why technology will never be able to fully replace human beings I suppose.

Oh well.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome of this years Oscars because for the first time since 1999, I felt like a smaller, independent-like movie won and while I wouldn't want that to happen every year (because it would probably be too depressing), it's a nice break from "Lord of the Rings" and "Chicago" type movies I think. Also, I loved that Morgan Freeman won, and I loved Kate Winslet for looking the best she's ever looked. Okay, maybe I didn't "love" her (the superlative spirit within me is saying that I guess) but she was the knockout looker of the evening if I do say so myself. That dress! Wow! That blue! Yikes! And to top it off, she played Clementine in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and was in "Finding Neverland!" She had a pretty amazing year, which makes up for her playing Bigsy or Bitsy or whatever her stupid name was in the blah-blah-blah "The Life of David Gale."

Have a million dollar week. Oh, and is a movie propaganda just because you disagree with its message OR is there some other objective way to judge it by? I was just wondering.

No comments: