Friday, January 28, 2005

I Heart Hypocrites

I was listening to one of the many not-so-great-songs but still, good-song-with-great-lyrics from Lauyrn Hill's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" album yesterday and this part of the second verse from her song "Lost Ones," hit me like a ton of bricks. Obviously, I'm only presenting part of my problem...but still, I think the line "always want to make it seem like good intent" was the saddest yet truest thing about this entire song. I've never seen myself as a pride-filled hypocritical person/Christian, but after hearing this, I think it will be hard to see anything but now.


"Hypocrites always want to play innocent
Always want to take it to the full out extent
Always want to make it seem like good intent
Never want to face it when it's time for punishment
I know that you don't wanna hear my opinion
But there come many paths and you must choose one
And if you don't change then the rain soon come
See you might win some but you just lost one."

1 comment:

Chalupa said...

that was a good album. i haven't heard anything off of it for a long time.