Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset.

I got the movie "Before Sunset" for Christmas and in the past couple days, I decided to watch it for the first time since I saw it in theaters late last summer.

For those of you who are looking for a double feature this weekend (that you can split between nights and watch one Friday night and one Saturday night) then here it is.

"Before Sunrise" is the first, "Before Sunset" is the second. If you're a Taylorite, I believe Andy Long owns them both (sorry Andy if you don't for referring people to you). But anyways, it is one of those beautiful movies that--aside from a few faults--captures that mysterious and hard-to-articulate feeling you experience when you meet someone for the first time and you simply 'click.' And now, after yesterday morning when the Academy Awards were announced, "Before Sunset" has been nominated for best screenplay and as lame as it sounds, that kind of made my morning. I know it's not like my kid or anything, but I feel I have the semi-right to be proud b/c it's one of those movies that 99% of people in the country won't see and so, because of people nearly abandoning it, I take it in, pat it on its head and compliment it beyond encouragement.

No comments: