Wednesday, December 28, 2005

And The List Goes On...

Are there any must-see movies from 2005 that you think would make my top ten list?

Right now, I'm doing my pathetic end-of-the-year scurry to try and see all those films I've missed from this past year and it's overwhelming. From "King Kong" to to "Munich" to "North Country" to "The Constant Gardener" to "Brokeback Mountain," there just seems to be an awful lot that came out in the past 2 weeks that are already being talked about as potential Oscar favorites.

But then again, I guess that's how every year goes.

So far, the list of potential ten-best-films is as followed: Crash, Millions, Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room, Me And You And Everyone We Know, Mysterious Skin, Walk The Line, and maybe (just maybe) Cinderella Man.

Oh, and "My Summer of Love" (although it won all sorts of international awards and critics' prizes) will not be on my top ten list. Although it was at times, an interesting look at love---with its disturbing portrayal of an older brother redeemed by Jesus juxtaposed over his younger sister, lost in a sea of girlhood fascination---the movie was at its best, only somewhat interesting. However, I do love how ambiguous the film played out to be. We need more of that in American movies today.

No comments: